Greetings, friends! The malaise of fall seems to have descended here at Gudrun’s Tights and I have been feeling tired and lethargic for the past 3 weeks and, unfortunately, uninterested in reading. It seems funny to have seasonal melancholy here in Arizona where the sun is perpetually bright and it is a pleasant 70 degrees, but somehow I caught it. And on top of all that I am suffering from sinus problems and have fire-face and raw throat syndrome. I have been reading during this time, but verrrrrrrrry slowly. So, in lieu of a book review post I am joining other bloggers in participating in the One Book, Two Book, Three Book meme recently revived by Simon at Stuck in a Book.
1. The books I’m currently reading: Possession by A.S. Byatt (for my third time), The FitzOsbornes in Exile by Michelle Cooper (sequel to A Brief History of Montmaray) and Charles Dickens: A Life by Claire Tomalin.
2. The last book I finished: The Witch of Ravensworth by George Brewer (so long ago!).
3. The next book I want to read: The Time in Between by Maria Duenas, Bleak House by Charles Dickens and The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht.
4. The last book I bought: Ragnarok by A.S. Byatt (not sure I’ll like this, but I love Ms. Byatt so will give it a try).
5. The last book I was given: Juliet by Anne Fortier (by the lovely people at Ballantine Books).
What are you reading? Anything devastatingly good?